Restaurant u Malířů 1543
The building was adjoined to the rampart of the Maltese church and monastery, and was thus obliged to follow so-called lateral law and books of the church. In 1543 the painter Šic bought the house for 40 loads of groschen from Jiřík Kuřátko and it has been called U Malířů (At the Painters’) ever since. In 1604 it was bought by Jan Litoměřický from Jizbica and in 1607 Benedikt Galthan purchased it from his orphans and rebuilt it.
At the end of 17th century the building went through another reconstruction and it was renamed as U bílého kohouta (At White Cockerel). Today, the look of the building comes from 1936-37 from a design by B. Mázel. At the beginning of the 20th century it became a favourite place for artists, bohemians and painters who came here seeking acclaimed Moravian wine. They often paid with their own works or were finishing the murals instead.
After a change of owner in 2016, the restaurant was completely renovated.
A combination of traditional cuisine, high quality wines and historical interior will enable visitors to entirely enjoy the atmosphere and fully appreciate the dinner at such a remarkable place which restaurant U Malířů doubtlessly is.